In the Ghost Box shop now, A2 posters on 150gsm matt paper
Outward Journeys Posters
In the Ghost Box shop now, A2 posters on 150gsm matt paper
In the Ghost Box Shop now, a heavy duty (8oz) canvas tote, with Ghost Box Records logo screen-printed in orange to both sides. It has very durable seams and is 37cm wide x 41cm high with a depth of up to 10cm.
Pre-orders are open now for Outward Journeys, released on 3rd November on CD, LP, DL and Cassette. It’s the first full length LP for this collaborative project between Jon Brooks (The Advisory Circle) and Jim Jupp (Belbury Poly). With John Foxx featuring on vocals and synth on two tracks, Trees and Forgotten Towns, reprising his appearance on The Belbury Circle’s debut EP, Empty Avenues in 2013.
Brooks and Jupp go back to their musical roots with this release, a joyfully re-imagined soundworld that draws heavily on late 70s and early 80s synth pop and library music. An exciting transitional era that first saw the pair taking up synths as kids. With interlocking analogue sequencers, driving rhythms, soaring lead lines, primitive sampling, and its themes of travel and return, the album evokes the eve of the digital era, when “Tomorrow’s World” was still an exciting possibility.
Design is by Julian House, and beautifully captures the excitement and homespun aesthetic of early software and computer packaging. The heavyweight vinyl LP and cassette versions both include a free download card.
Also Back in stock today is Pye Corner Audio’s re-issued Sleep Games LP (heavyweight vinyl & with free DL code)
Available in the Ghost Box Guest Shop now beautifully compiled package by Folklore Tapes with written and audio contributions from 31 artists, including Ghost Box’s Belbury Poly.
• Thirty-one track twelve-inch vinyl and download code.
• Fourty page A5 pamphlet includes plantlore and illustrations from artists and herbal medicine section by herbalist Zoe Naylor.
• Twenty eight page pocket A6 booklet Oak, Fern and Daisy: ‘The Folklore, Culture and Magic of the Plant Kingdom’ By Jez Winship.
• Link to the 16mm film ‘Pattern of Light’ by Mary and David
• All contents housed within a unique plant relief printed hand numbered manilla sleeve
• Contains seed envelope harvested by the Folklore Tapes group.
1) t/e/u/ – Balm (Melissa officinalis)
2) The Silver Funz – Birch (Betula sp.)
3) Joshua Bonnetta – Cactus (Cactaceae sp.)
4) Kelly Jayne Jones – Chasteberry (Vitex agnus-castus)
5) David Chatton Barker – Elder (Sambucus nigra)
6) James Green – False Shamrock (Oxalis triangularis)
7) Arianne Churchman – Foxglove (Digitalis purpurea)
8) Paper Dollhouse – Gorse (Ulex europaeus)
9) Belbury Poly – Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna)
10) Sam McLoughlin – Henbane (Hyoscyamus niger)
11) Carl Turney & Brian Campbell – Herb Robert (Geranium robertianum)
12) David Jaycock – Hottentot-fig (Carpobrotus edulis)
13) Stu Bannister – Houseleek (Sempervivum sp.)
14) Hugh Metcalfe – Jasmine (Jasminum officinale)
15) Mary Stark – Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
16) Delphine Dora – Lily of the Valley (Convallaria majalis)
17) Sally Golding – Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum)
18) Ian Humberstone – Red Bog Moss (Sphagnum capillifolium)
19) Magpahi – Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris)
20) Zoe Naylor – Nettle (Urtica dioica)
21) Hannah Leighton Boyce – Oak (Quercus robur)
22) Joe Duddell – Oregano (Origanum vulgare)
23) Xian Orphic – Orchid (Orchidaceae )
24) Steve Patterson – Plantain (Plantago major)
25) Mary & David – Rowan (Sorbus aucuparia)
26) Bridget Hayden – Sage (Salvia officinalis)
27) Modern Studies – Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris)
28) Alice Hartley – Teasel (Dipsacus sylvestris)
29) Jennifer Reid – Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
30) Dean McPhee – Valerian (Valeriana officinalis)
31) Eva Bowen – Willow (Salix sp.)
3rd November 2017 on LP, CD, DL and Cassette.
A re-issue of the first Pye Corner Audio LP for Ghost Box, Sleep Games is available now.
On heavyweight vinyl, with colour inner sleeve and download code card inside . Design by Julian House with liner notes by the late Mark Fisher.
“…could be the long-awaited high-five between Vangelis and Boards of Canada.”
Drowned in Sound
“Pye Corner Audio’s latest is the marquee example of Ghost Box at their most distilled, their most essential: reaching beyond by reaching within.”
Also this week and exclusive to our shop is this thick felt Ghost Box logo slipmat.
The Owl’s Map was the second album for Belbury Poly, first released in 2006. It’s music that is by turns, jaunty and dark and was inspired by TV soundtracks, folk and library music and 1970s electronic music technology. It established the mood and the imagined geography of Belbury, the fictional parallel-world setting for the record label itself.
This re-issue has been specially remastered by Jon Brooks for this first outing on vinyl. Ghost Box designer, Julian House has adapted the original CD artwork to the new heavyweight vinyl format. It includes a colour card inner sleeve with a visitor’s guide to Belbury and a free download code card. The vinyl version is released on 14th July 2017 and you can pre-order it from our shop now. The re-mastered digital version is currently being re-distributed to all major download suppliers and will replace the older version by the release date on the 14th. You’ll be able to buy the new remastered digital version from our shop on mp3 or lossless flac next week. (We’ll update the exact time of availability right here, as soon as we can.)
Also released on 14th July and available to pre-order now, is the new album from The Focus Group, Stop-Motion Happening. On LP, CD and DL.
Stop-Motion Happening with The Focus Group.
New album on LP, CD & DL 14th July.
Pre-orders from 23rd June.
There’s a new Ghost Box T-Shirt in the shop now. Screen printed in amber ink on heavyweight black cotton.
By popular demand we’ve also restocked the Pye Corner Audio, Stasis T-Shirts.