The Invisible World of Beautify Junkyards is due for release on 9th March on CD, LP & download and is available to pre-order now in the Ghost Box shop. (LP comes with free download code).
“Atmospheric, immersive, and arcane, The Invisible World Of.. is a record out of time.” Shinding
https://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/thumb-33-TIWoBJ.jpg495350Ghost Box Adminhttps://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/GB-Logo-Transp.pngGhost Box Admin2018-02-16 09:56:572018-02-16 09:57:42The Invisible World of Beautify Junkyards Pre-order now
The Invisible World of Beautify Junkyards comes out 9th March on LP, CD and DL.
A digital single, Aquarius, taken from the album is available now in the Ghost Box shop and on all download and streaming services.
Lisbon’s Beautify Junkyards effortlessly blend their love of English Acid Folk and Brazilian Tropicalia in a collection of songs that conjure up a warm and verdant faerie world. Delicate acoustic guitars evoke an autumnal England suffused with Iberian heat by other-worldly voices; the ethereal lilt of João Branco Kyron and the warm languor of Rita Vian. The production is tempered with a haunted electronic palette that anchors the band squarely in the world of Ghost Box. Their sound is further enhanced by newest member Helena Espvall ( formerly of Espers) on guitar and cello. With João Moreira on acoustic guitar and synth, Sergue Ra on bass and Antonio Watts on drums they are altogether an astonishingly talented group of people.
The Invisible World… will be the band’s third album and their first for Ghost Box, following on from their Other Voices single in 2016 (available in the Ghost Box shop). With artwork throughout by Julian House, the heavyweight vinyl LP version comes with free download code card. Pre-orders open 16th February.
(The Aquarius promo video was directed by João Pedro Moreira, see the rest of Beautify Junkyards fantastic video channelhere.)
https://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/TIWOBJ_CD_1_500.jpg505500Ghost Box Adminhttps://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/GB-Logo-Transp.pngGhost Box Admin2018-01-12 00:10:212018-02-13 12:25:35The Invisible World of Beautify Junkyards coming 9th March
Coming to Ghost Box in March 2018, The Invisible World of Beautify Junkyards.
A beautifully out-of-time and otherworldly album.
Video and soundclips here in January.
Then in May we have a fantastic new album from The Advisory Circle.
We’ll also have Sharron Kraus guesting in our Other Voices series, along with vinyl and CD re-issues from our back-catalogue and more exciting new work from familiar Ghost Box artitsts.
Our thanks go to all those who have supported Ghost Box this year, we’d like to wish you a peaceful holiday and a happy new year.
Thank You For Listening.
https://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/GBX030-LP-800.jpg800800Ghost Box Adminhttps://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/GB-Logo-Transp.pngGhost Box Admin2017-12-20 14:38:172018-01-15 12:23:27Coming in March
Outward Journeys by The Belbury Circle featuring John Foxx is available now on LP, CD, cassette and download. LP and cassette versions include a free download code.
https://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/OJ-all-formats.jpg500500Ghost Box Adminhttps://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/GB-Logo-Transp.pngGhost Box Admin2017-11-03 06:51:132017-11-15 14:48:03Outward Journeys by The Belbury Circle Out Today.
Some copies of the recent LP re-issue of Sleep Games have been packed with what looks like a DL card for Owl’s Map. The code is good for Sleep Games however. (It’s just the wrong artwork & URL !) So please redeem your code here instead :
In the Ghost Box Guest Shop now, The Myth of Violet Meek, the new album by Oliver Cherer, on the lovely Wayside and Woodland label on beautiful bone toned vinyl. Cherer is also known as Dollboy and under his Gilroy Mere alias recently released the brilliant Green Line LP on Clay Pipe Records.
If you go down to the Forest (of Dean) don’t dare to ask Who Killed The Bears?
Part fabrication, part reminiscence Violet Meek is the girl in the woods. It’s possible that she was killed by a bear. It’s certain that she was damned by her reputation and with this Cherer draws on, at times, awkward memories of his own youth living inside The Forest of Dean “rumours and fumbling, burgeoning sexuality in the woods between the rivers Wye and Severn”
“There is a true story, about the hounding of some travelling entertainers and their dancing bears and how the bears were killed by a mob in revenge for an invented attack on a local girl in the woods between Cinderford and Ruardean. This is at the heart of the whole record.” writes Cherer.
“…it’s the mysterious, melancholy atmosphere which haunts this record that lingers after the music’s stopped. Having also released the equally excellent Gilroy Mere album The Green Line this year, The Myth Of Violet Meek is yet further evidence of Cherer’s considerable songwriting talent.” Shindig
https://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/vm_500.jpg500667Ghost Box Adminhttps://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/GB-Logo-Transp.pngGhost Box Admin2017-10-18 09:06:592017-10-18 11:24:17The Myth of Violet Meek by Oliver Cherer In the Ghost Box Guest Shop Now
Pre-orders are open now for Outward Journeys, released on 3rd November on CD, LP, DL and Cassette. It’s the first full length LP for this collaborative project between Jon Brooks (The Advisory Circle) and Jim Jupp (Belbury Poly). With John Foxx featuring on vocals and synth on two tracks, Trees and Forgotten Towns, reprising his appearance on The Belbury Circle’s debut EP, Empty Avenues in 2013.
Brooks and Jupp go back to their musical roots with this release, a joyfully re-imagined soundworld that draws heavily on late 70s and early 80s synth pop and library music. An exciting transitional era that first saw the pair taking up synths as kids. With interlocking analogue sequencers, driving rhythms, soaring lead lines, primitive sampling, and its themes of travel and return, the album evokes the eve of the digital era, when “Tomorrow’s World” was still an exciting possibility.
Design is by Julian House, and beautifully captures the excitement and homespun aesthetic of early software and computer packaging. The heavyweight vinyl LP and cassette versions both include a free download card.
Also Back in stock today is Pye Corner Audio’s re-issued Sleep Games LP (heavyweight vinyl & with free DL code)
https://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/OJ-all-formats.jpg500500Ghost Box Adminhttps://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/GB-Logo-Transp.pngGhost Box Admin2017-10-13 05:56:102017-10-13 07:09:23Outward Journeys by The Belbury Circle. Pre-ordering now, released 3rd November.
Available in the Ghost Box Guest Shop now beautifully compiled package by Folklore Tapes with written and audio contributions from 31 artists, including Ghost Box’s Belbury Poly.
• Thirty-one track twelve-inch vinyl and download code.
• Fourty page A5 pamphlet includes plantlore and illustrations from artists and herbal medicine section by herbalist Zoe Naylor.
• Twenty eight page pocket A6 booklet Oak, Fern and Daisy: ‘The Folklore, Culture and Magic of the Plant Kingdom’ By Jez Winship.
• Link to the 16mm film ‘Pattern of Light’ by Mary and David
• All contents housed within a unique plant relief printed hand numbered manilla sleeve
• Contains seed envelope harvested by the Folklore Tapes group.
1) t/e/u/ – Balm (Melissa officinalis)
2) The Silver Funz – Birch (Betula sp.)
3) Joshua Bonnetta – Cactus (Cactaceae sp.)
4) Kelly Jayne Jones – Chasteberry (Vitex agnus-castus)
5) David Chatton Barker – Elder (Sambucus nigra)
6) James Green – False Shamrock (Oxalis triangularis)
7) Arianne Churchman – Foxglove (Digitalis purpurea)
8) Paper Dollhouse – Gorse (Ulex europaeus)
9) Belbury Poly – Hawthorn (Crataegus monogyna)
10) Sam McLoughlin – Henbane (Hyoscyamus niger)
11) Carl Turney & Brian Campbell – Herb Robert (Geranium robertianum)
12) David Jaycock – Hottentot-fig (Carpobrotus edulis)
13) Stu Bannister – Houseleek (Sempervivum sp.)
14) Hugh Metcalfe – Jasmine (Jasminum officinale)
15) Mary Stark – Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)
16) Delphine Dora – Lily of the Valley (Convallaria majalis)
17) Sally Golding – Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum)
18) Ian Humberstone – Red Bog Moss (Sphagnum capillifolium)
19) Magpahi – Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris)
20) Zoe Naylor – Nettle (Urtica dioica)
21) Hannah Leighton Boyce – Oak (Quercus robur)
22) Joe Duddell – Oregano (Origanum vulgare)
23) Xian Orphic – Orchid (Orchidaceae )
24) Steve Patterson – Plantain (Plantago major)
25) Mary & David – Rowan (Sorbus aucuparia)
26) Bridget Hayden – Sage (Salvia officinalis)
27) Modern Studies – Scots Pine (Pinus sylvestris)
28) Alice Hartley – Teasel (Dipsacus sylvestris)
29) Jennifer Reid – Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)
30) Dean McPhee – Valerian (Valeriana officinalis)
31) Eva Bowen – Willow (Salix sp.)
https://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/folkloreofplantsvol1_500.jpg500500Ghost Box Adminhttps://ghostbox.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/GB-Logo-Transp.pngGhost Box Admin2017-09-15 10:29:062017-09-15 10:30:57Folklore Tapes - Folklore of Plants LP featuring Belbury Poly in the Ghost Box Guest Shop now